The beginning drags a bit but when Fr Sirico gets going, what he says is worth contemplating. The points that I got from this talk are:
- how we can test our heart is by seeing what we do with the material we have...material of itself is not bad
- the challenge we face is not to discard human vulnerability
- do you know the difference between lethargy vs leisure?
- how do we negotiate our way through this? What is needed is prayer before God; study, recited and contemplation - not just once but on a regular basis
- each day we should ask God what have I done today that I aught not have done and then what have I not done that I aught to have done ... by doing this on a regular basis, it will enable us to see the poor man, under our lavish table
Hope you make time to listen to this talk...it goes very fast...